This course is designed for medical and dental professionals, first responders such as firefighters, police, EMS, lifeguards, security staff, athletic trainers, and others. Participants will learn how to work as a team to:
- recognize cardiac emergencies for all ages
- respond to various emergencies and stabilize the emergency situations until advanced medical personnel arrive
- perform CPR for all ages
- use an AED
- suction and maintain an open airway
- administer emergency oxygen
- deliver epinephrine
- assist with inhaler administration
This class is OSHA compliant. No prerequisites required. All class participants will receive a hard cased resuscitation mask. American Red Cross certification valid for 2 years.
*THIS IS A BLENDED LEARNING COURSE MEANING THERE IS AN ONLINE PORTION THAT MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO MEETING IN PERSON. A LINK WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER REGISTRATION.
When: SATURDAY 10a-12p IN PERSON
Where: Holladay Library
2150 E. Murray Holladay Rd.
Holladay, UT 84117